1st March 2018
Due to the boarding element of the school, we will remain open during the next couple of days but there is no compulsion for you to take any unnecessary risks and bring your children to school. We will be here, provide structured learning and have staff to look after them. There will be no clubs for the next two days and so the school day will finish at 3.40pm.
Thursday 1st March
There is currently a RED weather warning from the Met office for heavy snow and wind from 3pm today to 2am Friday, covering most of the Devon area. This means that they are expecting significant snow, very strong winds and significant ice build-up later in the day. Our advice is that your journey involves a vehicle that you collect your children in advance of this so that you can ensure enough time to get home safely. Please call the school (01626 774138) to advise when you will pick them up and give permission for them to leave. Your child MUST then sign out at the front office. If your child walks homes and you want them to leave earlier please follow the same procedure.
The coach company have called and advised that the coach will be leaving at 12pm. We cannot guarantee what trains will be running.
Lunch will be provided as normal.
Please ensure that day pupils have left school by 340pm.
Friday 2nd March
We will be open again and assess the day based on the conditions as forecast. Please make your own judgement about safety and travelling. Please call or email to advise of absence if possible. If there is a change to the school day then we will advise accordingly.
The coach company will make a decision later today on whether the buses will be running tomorrow.
We will update the website, Twitter, Facebook and email if there are significant changes.